This section of the website has pages which address the major concerns of the public about nuclear power:
Beyond these important concerns are a range of further concerns to the public which are often referred to as "Myths". Below are links to websites which deal with these issues.
World Nuclear Organization responds to 10 myths responds on its website:
1. The nuclear industry still has no solution to the 'waste problem'.
2. The transport of this waste poses an unacceptable risk to people and the environment.
3. Plutonium is the most dangerous marial in the world.
4. Nuclear waste is hazardous for tens of thousands of years. This clearly is unprecedented and poses a huge threat to our future generations.
5. Even if put into a geological repository, the waste might emerge and threaten future generations.
6. Nobody knows the true costs of waste management. The costs are so high that nuclear power can never be economic.
7. The waste should be disposed of into space.
8. Nuclear waste should be transmuted into harmless materials
9. There is a potential terrorist threat to the large volumes of radioactive waste currently being stored and the risk that this waste could leak or be dispersed as a result of terrorist action.
10. Man-made radiation differs from natural radiation.
Other websites replying to objections to nuclear powerThe Complete Case for Nuclear